|born on||29 January 1939 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Melbourne, Australia, 37s49, 144e58|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°01' 10°32 Asc. 13°16'|
Australian-American writer, a journalist and the feminist author of the best-seller "The Female Eunuch," 1970.
She was the daughter of a dad in the newspaper business and a bored, frustrated housewife mom who beat the kids. She first ran away at 17, then again at 18 for good, working her way through a Cambridge Ph.D. Greer taught English literature by 1967. She dabbled in acting, mixed with the London underground rock and jazz scene and became one of the founders of "Suck," a porno underground paper, in all, gaining something of a reputation as a journalist and media personality.
In 1970, when "The Female Eunuch" was published, it blazed a trail that lighted fires in millions of women, and was soon translated into 12 languages. Twenty years later, still echoing the concerns of her generation, Greer wrote "The Change: Women, Aging and Menopause."
Her new book," The Whole Woman" was released in May 1999. She teaches at Warwick University and publishes obscure poetry by women in her own Stump Cross Press.
Six foot tall, a political anarchist and religious atheist, Greer had one marriage in May, 1968 for three weeks, volunteering that she was unfaithful seven times. She lives in an Essex farmhouse with gardens, orchards, geese and pets outside and talks about the antics of her 13 godchildren. She was attacked and held hostage at the Essex cottage on 04/24/2000 by a 19-year-old student, Karen Burke. Greer was shocked but unhurt by the obsessed woman, who was apprehended and charged with unlawfully imprisoning Greer against her will.
- Work : New Job 1967 (Taught English literature)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1970 (Released "The Female Eunich")
Tiffany Holmes quotes her
- Traits : Body : Size (Height of 6')
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Physical/ Verbal (By mom)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Once for three weeks)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Said she had seven affairs in three wks marriage)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved to U.K., U.S.)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (English lit)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Secondary)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Personal freedoms)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Secondary)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women